–the moment we got home last night after a grueling eight-hour bus ride, depleting us of all energy and destroying all vestiges of fun and relaxation that we enjoyed while in chilly Baguio. And on it went come early this morning, when I was awakened by the dulcet sounds of her nagging. Oh mother, how doth thou keep this up?
Productive result: a list of goals for this year. Frankly, I’ve stopped believing in New Year’s resolutions. New Year isn’t even real, either. Time is just one continuous loop, marked by numbers in the calendar and events and memories and people. Anyway, the list:
1. stop swearing. I’m hearing my sisters use the F word too. I am solely to blame.
2. cut down on the late nights. Eyebags aren’t pretty.
3. spend less, save more. Good luck to me on this. I might have a Trinoma withdrawal.
4. focus on getting into school.
5. try very very hard to love my job. Concentrate, concentrate. Stop pushing the panic button.
6. find direction. I’m turning the big 2-5 this year. Not getting any younger.
7. document 1, 5 and 2, prioritized in that order. Deal with it.
8. tone down on the emo dramas. Although the rush is something else.
9. always always make time for friends. Kahit Jollibee lang. I have a feeling this will be a financially tight year.
Positive energy is important and elusive. Remember Paolo Coelho. And when that fails, Shun and Hyun Joong ought to do the trick. Ahhh, there you go. They made me smile again. 🙂
Who says I can’t get stoned/Plan a trip to Japan alone
Doesn’t matter if I even go/Who says I can’t get stoned?